Being a chicken was much hotter and sweatier than I had thought. It certainly wasn't cheep. My neighbor must have plucked this costume out of the good costume bin, or perhaps the incubator, because this thing was a thing... of beauty. The costume was at the beak of it's talons until, hmm... uh... I've got nothing left here.
I learned a few things this day day dressed in chicken apparel. Just a few:
1. Chickens have horrible eyesight, especially those wearing costumes.
2. Chickens are beloved by hundreds of children, especially those chickens wearing chicken costumes.
3. Chickens shed in the wintertime, especially large, mansized chickens wearing chicken costumes.
4. Chickens sweat like they have been swimming in hot oil, at least those that are in said costumes.
5. Chickens still feel pain, no matter how soft a child punches it in the stomach.
Needless to say, it was a long day, and I only wore the suit for about an hour, but when you are leading a parade, an hour in the chicken suit can be a very long time.