Saturday, November 15, 2008

And I thought MY job was tough.

When I tell people what I do for a living - teaching First Grade - the most common reply is, "Wow, I could never do that.  You are a better man than I."

Well, tonight we hosted a Elder's Quorum dinner group.  One of the invitees asked me what I did for a living.  When I informed him what it is I do, he responded, "REALLY?  REALLY?  That is really noble of you.  What you do is so difficult, I could never do it.  That has to be one of the toughest jobs, you must have so much patience, I really admire you.  I just know I could never do it."

I was thankful for the compliment, but I responded with a simple question:   "Aren't you a mortician?"  

2 comments:

Lori said...

Funny, Abe! I'd pick a first grade teacher over a mortician anytime. I think you're the perfect fit for your job....your personality is fun and silly, and you're not the type that gets impatient easily. Much better job for you than being a mortician. Those dead guys might not appreciate your sense of humor.

Cheeseboy said...

Thanks Lori